ebay scam - cheap network (REPLY FROM EBAY!!!!!)

Old February 18th 04, 01:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default ebay scam - cheap network (REPLY FROM EBAY!!!!!)

steve wrote:
"Beck" wrote in message

Dewi wrote:
On 17 Feb 2004 01:33:45 -0800, (Matthew
Bailey) uttered:

I have just seen a new scam on ebay:

This seller called "azam_mz" is selling what looks like network
routers for cheap prices, but when you read the details of the
advert it says:

"You are biding on the link where you can buy it for the shown
price."

So far people are bidding in the region of 40 for a web link!!!

An example of one of the items in question is below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=3078736 509

You are warned! Read the small print when buying from ebay!

Just email him to ask for the P+P....

Or is it ok to pick it up, I live near you.....lolol

LOL thats good. Let us know how he replies

This was the reply I got from eBay customer support!!!
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your concerns. I am
happy to assist you further.

I suggest that you read the description before you bid on an item. If
you are not sure about the item please contact the seller with your
questions. I apologize for any inconvenience.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.

Obviously they missed the bulletpoints like I did then.

Old February 18th 04, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dolphin Boy

EBay? Hummmm... must remember to buy a longer barge ploe.