what does the average telephone exchange building look like ?

Old February 18th 04, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Party Girl

Default what does the average telephone exchange building look like ?

"Ian McIntosh" wrote in message ...

SNIP

The three exchanges in and around my neighbourhood are completely
unremarkable brick buildings, with no obvious BT signage.

SNIP

I understood (and I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to
confirm/dispute), that a few years back all the BT TE signage was
removed from exchange exteriors. Something to do with not advertising
a terrorist target?

BICBW

-- The PG --
Old February 18th 04, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Dolphin Boy

"Party Girl" wrote in message
m...
"Ian McIntosh" wrote in message

SNIP

The three exchanges in and around my neighbourhood are completely
unremarkable brick buildings, with no obvious BT signage.

SNIP

I understood (and I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to
confirm/dispute), that a few years back all the BT TE signage was
removed from exchange exteriors. Something to do with not

advertising
a terrorist target?

BICBW

-- The PG --

The sign painters couldn't keep up with the logo changes! Cheaper to
have no signs to replace!