Querying Belkin Router for WAN IP

Old February 18th 04, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ron Lowe

Default Querying Belkin Router for WAN IP

"Michael McCarthy" wrote in message
m...
Hi gang,

I was wondering if there is any way to query the WAN IP address of my
wireless broadband router other than through the web interface (ie.
http://192.168.2.1).

I have the F5D7230-4 (firmware 3.00.08) and I am planning on writing a
perl script to update the IP addresses of my dynamic DNS records based
on the WAN IP of the router. dhs.org has some scripts on their site
that I am going to start from. I can do it by using lynx or Net::HTTP
but the pages that the router returns are riddled with JavaScript and
parsing it won't be trivial (lynx doesn't do JavaScript at all). Is
there an easier way of doing this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Some routers support SNMP and may be queriable that way.

I use DirectUpdate on a windows box to keep D-DNS records correct.
http://www.directupdate.net/
It sends packets out to several external sites to determine your external
IP.
Not as elegant as querying the router locally, but its zero hassle.

It also runs as a native service on an nt based ( 2k/xp/2k3 ) box.

--
Ron