ebay scam - cheap network equipment

Old February 19th 04, 03:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
William Ratner

Default ebay scam - cheap network equipment

"King Queen" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:52:40 -0000, "Notty Pine"
wrote:

And the top bidder now is a brand new member, so it is probably
someone who has put in a spoiler bid, or the seller bidding on his own
auction under a different identity.

Indeed. And when I tried to send the highest bidder an e-mail, I got
this:

Warning: Unable to send your question(s)
Unfortunately, we were unable to send your question(s) to the eBay
user via email. The user may be experiencing problems receiving email
at this time.

I hope Ebay don't manage to track you down from this newsgroup. Auction
interference is a very serious offence. I suggest you read Ebays rules plus
their T&C's.

Old February 19th 04, 07:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message , William
Ratner writes
I hope Ebay don't manage to track you down from this newsgroup. Auction
interference is a very serious offence. I suggest you read Ebays rules plus
their T&C's.

Under Ebay's rules, it wasn't an auction, so it can't have been an
offence.

--
Clint Sharp
Old February 19th 04, 07:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dewi

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 03:51:57 GMT, "William Ratner"
uttered:

.. .
wrote:

And the top bidder now is a brand new member, so it is probably
someone who has put in a spoiler bid, or the seller bidding on his own
auction under a different identity.

Indeed. And when I tried to send the highest bidder an e-mail, I got
this:

Warning: Unable to send your question(s)
Unfortunately, we were unable to send your question(s) to the eBay
user via email. The user may be experiencing problems receiving email
at this time.

I hope Ebay don't manage to track you down from this newsgroup. Auction
interference is a very serious offence. I suggest you read Ebays rules plus
their T&C's.

Are you happy for someone to be ripped off?

--
Dewi,

(remove spin for email)
Old February 19th 04, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
King Queen

wrote:

I hope Ebay don't manage to track you down from this newsgroup. Auction
interference is a very serious offence. I suggest you read Ebays rules plus
their T&C's.

I suggest you grow up

Old February 19th 04, 09:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jon

William Ratner" wrote:
I hope Ebay don't manage to track you down from this newsgroup. Auction
interference is a very serious offence. I suggest you read Ebays rules

plus
their T&C's.

they cant track me and even if they did it is a throw away ebay account!
goes to show really doesnt it, just how easy it is to set up a fake ebay
account and start selling?

perhaps ebay should have some proper evidence of their memebers identity
first? it would have stopped the git who had a fake account blocking out
others on my auction!!! it ended up with me having no buyers as even the
second high bidder had sorted himself with a different item by the time i
realised!!!

ebay is a crooks paradise nowadays, which is a shame as it was fun and safe
to use a few years ago before crooks became computer literate.

i blame the government myself for all these elearning centres!!!!
--
jonnie scambuster
________

Old February 19th 04, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Greg Hennessy

wrote:

I hope Ebay don't manage to track you down from this newsgroup. Auction
interference is a very serious offence. I suggest you read Ebays rules plus
their T&C's.

I suggest you grow up

Its talking ******** and given its sudden appearance, I wouldn't be
surprised if its the scumbag who got rumbled.

greg

--
You do a lot less thundering in the pulpit against the Harlot
after she marches right down the aisle and kicks you in the nuts.
Old February 19th 04, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
King Queen

wrote:

Its talking ******** and given its sudden appearance, I wouldn't be
surprised if its the scumbag who got rumbled.

I wonder if he's related to Gerald.

--
King Queen - Remove .lartsspammers to reply. http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
"Advertising is the rattling of a stick in a swill bucket" George Orwell
Old February 19th 04, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

wrote:

I hope Ebay don't manage to track you down from this newsgroup. Auction
interference is a very serious offence. I suggest you read Ebays rules plus
their T&C's.

I suggest you grow up

Yes, what he said was crap - but what do you expect with a name like
that? :-))

--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...