netgear M111 losing connection

Old February 19th 04, 10:39 AM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.telecom.broadband
Ray

Default netgear M111 losing connection

I have a Draytek Vigor 2600WE router/modem to which I'd hoped to connect 2
pcs using Netgear M111 wireless USB adaptors. The first one all installed
fine and was working without problems until I installed a new driver for the
M111 from the windows update site. After that it wouldn't reconnect again
and despite rolling back the driver, restoring the system to before the
driver was installed, uninstalling the M111 and reinstalling it again, it
still won't connect. I can't even open the configuration utitlity.

So in the end, I connected THAT pc with a cable and set up the wireless on
the other. No new driver installed and it was working fine. Then it just
lost the connection again. This time it wasn't after anything had been
installed - in fact it was in the middle of a conversation in messenger and
nothing different had happened in the previous hour or so Again I can't get
the config utility up.

Before I connect using a cable (!) has anyone any ideas what could be
causing it.?

OS on both systems is XP, different sw on both other than Norton AV (but it
was running fine for a couple of days with that and no updates were added)

Old February 20th 04, 07:57 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.telecom.broadband
Coz

do you have any 2.4 ghz equipment around - phones , cameras, etc. - that may
be interfering with it ?? Try changing the channel on the router to 1 or 11
or something.