How do I get my line loss and S/N figures from BT?

Old February 20th 04, 09:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default How do I get my line loss and S/N figures from BT?

Hello,

Plus Net have just told me that my line has failed but they can't tell me
the line loss and S/N figures due to the data protection act which all
sounds like a load of rubbish to me. Who do I contact at BT to try and find
out the information?

I did try to get Plus Net to put in a manual order as a neighbour has ADSL
and we both link to the same junction box. I doubt this has happened as
they managed to reject the line for a second time overnight.

Thanks for any help.

Dave.

Old February 20th 04, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:25:27 UTC, "Dave"
wrote:

Plus Net have just told me that my line has failed but they can't tell me
the line loss and S/N figures due to the data protection act which all
sounds like a load of rubbish to me. Who do I contact at BT to try and find
out the information?

As you say, a load of rubbish. Either escalate it at PlusNet or try a
better ISP.

BTW, this use of the 'data protection' excuse is getting tiring. There
was a case recently where a department store refused to put a call out
over the PA for a lost child. Now, that may or may not have been a good
decision, and it may have been company policy. But the reason given was
'Data Protection Act'.....! Grrrr...

--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...
Old February 20th 04, 12:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

wrote:

Plus Net have just told me that my line has failed but they can't tell

me
the line loss and S/N figures due to the data protection act which all
sounds like a load of rubbish to me. Who do I contact at BT to try and

find
out the information?

As you say, a load of rubbish. Either escalate it at PlusNet or try a
better ISP.

I have just done so - well escalated at PlusNet. To be honest I'm a bit fed
up with PlusNet already. They said they were going to put through a manual
order and they haven't and now they are feeding my rubbish instead of just
supplying the info I want.

Once all this is closed down I'll try Vispa.

Old February 20th 04, 01:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Jones

In message , Dave
writes
As you say, a load of rubbish. Either escalate it at PlusNet or try a
better ISP.

I have just done so - well escalated at PlusNet. To be honest I'm a bit fed
up with PlusNet already. They said they were going to put through a manual
order and they haven't and now they are feeding my rubbish instead of just
supplying the info I want.

Once all this is closed down I'll try Vispa.

I've got to be honest, its the reason I stopped trying with PlusNet as
well. I gave them specific details and (reasonable) instructions of what
was needed to be done.... and they just went and did something else.

followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
followed by 'net'