Problem with Conexant AccessRunner PCI Modem

Old February 20th 04, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reboot

Default Problem with Conexant AccessRunner PCI Modem

Hi.
I can connect to the internet using my Conexant AccessRunner PCI Modem
without any problems but the net always stops working after exactly 1
minute, I've tried shutting down all other programs to see if any of them
was causing the problem but it didn't help and I am totally stuck for ideas,
anybody seen this problem before and know how to solve it?
Cheers.

Old February 20th 04, 04:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alien Zord

"reboot" wrote in message
Hi.
I can connect to the internet using my Conexant AccessRunner PCI Modem
without any problems but the net always stops working after exactly 1
minute, I've tried shutting down all other programs to see if any of them
was causing the problem but it didn't help and I am totally stuck for

ideas,
anybody seen this problem before and know how to solve it?
Cheers.

Welchia virus does that. Download a removal tool from symantec.com. Should
take less than a minute.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

For the future, if you are running a PCI ADSL modem then you must have a
good AV and a firewall software running as well.

Old February 20th 04, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reboot

I can connect to the internet using my Conexant AccessRunner PCI Modem
without any problems but the net always stops working after exactly 1
minute,

Welchia virus does that. Download a removal tool from symantec.com. Should
take less than a minute.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately it didn't find the virus on my
system, any other ideas anyone?

Old February 21st 04, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James

"Alien Zord" wrote in message ...

Welchia virus does that. Download a removal tool from symantec.com. Should
take less than a minute.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

Thanks Alien Zord, I have random sync loss and checked out your
symantec link to find I had the virus symptoms, downloaded the removal
tool and it removed the virus I didn't know I had. Hopefully it will
fix my sync loss problem.

Cheers again
Old February 21st 04, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob { Goddard }

James wrote:

"Alien Zord" wrote in message

Welchia virus does that. Download a removal tool from symantec.com.
Should take less than a minute.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

Thanks Alien Zord, I have random sync loss and checked out your
symantec link to find I had the virus symptoms, downloaded the removal
tool and it removed the virus I didn't know I had. Hopefully it will
fix my sync loss problem.

Hopefully you can get your arse in gear and shell
out for up to date anti virus software.
It really depresses me that ****wits still go on
the net without even basic considerations
towards security.

http://www.mailtrap.org.uk/
Old February 21st 04, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alien Zord

"reboot" wrote in message
I can connect to the internet using my Conexant AccessRunner PCI Modem
without any problems but the net always stops working after exactly 1
minute,

Welchia virus does that. Download a removal tool from symantec.com.

Should
take less than a minute.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately it didn't find the virus on my
system, any other ideas anyone?

Download the top 5 (left hand column) removal tools he
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ools.list.html,
reboot in safe mode and run each one in turn. If your OS is Me or XP disable
the restore function first.

Old February 21st 04, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James

Bob { Goddard } wrote in message ...

It really depresses me that ****wits still go on
the net without even basic considerations
towards security.

You are depressed because you have a personality disorder.