DNS with Pipex

Old February 20th 04, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WHG28

Default DNS with Pipex

Does anyone know which is best to use with a DG834 router modem in the seup
pages the "Get DNS from ISP" or to set the DNS manually from the ones Pipex
give.
With the new modemthe net seems very slow to load pages.

Thanks

Old February 20th 04, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Filthy Rich

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:28:37 -0000, "WHG28"
wrote:

Does anyone know which is best to use with a DG834 router modem in the seup
pages the "Get DNS from ISP" or to set the DNS manually from the ones Pipex
give.
With the new modemthe net seems very slow to load pages.

Thanks

My DG834G is set to get DNS automatically from Pipex. Don't recall
Pipex giving me details allowing a manual setting. My load speed
seems ok but then I don't have anything to compare it with.....

Filthy Rich
Music House
Old February 21st 04, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:

Does anyone know which is best to use with a DG834 router modem in the seup
pages the "Get DNS from ISP" or to set the DNS manually from the ones Pipex
give.
With the new modemthe net seems very slow to load pages.

Thanks

My DG834G is set to get DNS automatically from Pipex. Don't recall
Pipex giving me details allowing a manual setting. My load speed
seems ok but then I don't have anything to compare it with.....

Filthy Rich
Music House

Same here. But the anoraks just hate to leave the software to do its
own thing. They insist that you should cheat the system and tell it
which DNS to use.

MK

Michael Kenward Words for sale