NTL Newgroup Connection

Old February 20th 04, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

Default NTL Newgroup Connection

Hi,

I am getting the following error message when I try to conect to the
newsgroups via NTL Broadband. Is this a problem at my end or NTL?

It has happened for months but I am starting to get irritated by it...i can
bearly get on now during the day.

========

400 Too Many Connections [ntli-cablemodems allows 8 per host/1100 per feed
(0 == nolimit)] (Tornado v1.0.5.357)

Configuration:
Account: news.cable.ntlworld.com
Server: news.cable.ntlworld.com
Protocol: NNTP
Port: 119
Secure(SSL): 0
Error Number: 400
Code: 800ccca0

Old February 20th 04, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Lord

"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Hi,

I am getting the following error message when I try to conect to the
newsgroups via NTL Broadband. Is this a problem at my end or NTL?

It has happened for months but I am starting to get irritated by it...i

can
bearly get on now during the day.

It's always been like that, try:

text.news.ntlworld.com
text.news.virgin.net
news.ntlworld.com
news.virgin.net
news.which.net
news.cache.cable.ntlworld.com
news.cache.ntlworld.com
newscache.cable.ntlworld.com

The two text ones are normally best, but they've ALL been playing up for the
last 2 days.

--

Andy

The usenet guide to personality disorders
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?se...&output=gplain

Old February 20th 04, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Lord

"Andy Lord" wrote in message

"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Hi,

I am getting the following error message when I try to conect to the
newsgroups via NTL Broadband. Is this a problem at my end or NTL?

It has happened for months but I am starting to get irritated by it...i

can
bearly get on now during the day.

It's always been like that, try:

text.news.ntlworld.com
text.news.virgin.net
news.ntlworld.com
news.virgin.net
news.which.net
news.cache.cable.ntlworld.com
news.cache.ntlworld.com
newscache.cable.ntlworld.com

The two text ones are normally best, but they've ALL been playing up for

the
last 2 days.

FWIW news.cache.cable.ntlworld.com seems to be working best today - except
that it keeps marking random old messages as 'unread'.