ICS with a wireless router and BT broadband

Old February 20th 04, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

Default ICS with a wireless router and BT broadband

I am trying to set up a home network between two laptops and am
struggling at the moment since this is my first attempt at networking.

The 'main' laptop accesses BT broadband through the standard USB BT
Voyager ADSL modem (so it's plugged into one of the main laptop's USB
ports). Now I would like to be able to run an ethernet cable from this
laptop (which has a fast ethernet adaptor) to a wireless Linksys
router which then allows the second laptop (which has a wireless
network card and is in another room) to access the 'main' laptop's
connection.

I believe this is possible using ICS but at the moment I am struggling
to get the two computers to communicate across the network let alone
share the internet connection. I was told I would have to disable DHCP
on the wireless router but am not sure if I've done this correctly.

If anyone knows how I could solve this problem I would be very
grateful.

Cheers.

Mike