multiple modems to same broadband connection?

Old February 21st 04, 01:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andre

Default multiple modems to same broadband connection?

I have two computers. If I install an ADSL modem on each computer, can they
then share the broadband conncetion? This is oppossed to making a network,
since the price of an extra modem is cheaper than the price of network
hardware.

Thanks!

Old February 21st 04, 02:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sparks

"Andre" wrote in message
I have two computers. If I install an ADSL modem on each computer, can

they
then share the broadband conncetion? This is oppossed to making a

network,
since the price of an extra modem is cheaper than the price of network
hardware.

That depends.....

If only one was on, then probably

It would be the same as trying to connect two regular modems to the line -
only one could connect at a time.
Network cards can be had for under 3 - you would just need two, and a
crossover cable!

Sparks...

Old February 21st 04, 02:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

In article , Andre wrote:
I have two computers. If I install an ADSL modem on each computer, can they
then share the broadband conncetion?

Yes, but only one at a time - you can't plug them both to line simultaneously.

This is oppossed to making a network,
since the price of an extra modem is cheaper than the price of network
hardware.

Is it really "cheaper" in the long term if it doesn't do what you want?

Rod.

Old February 21st 04, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WHG28

Why not just buy a router modem 60 and then you can have multiple
connections to the internet at the same time, you can even share files from
one computer to the next.
"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message
om...