Anyone got Fast24 2MB service

Old February 21st 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim M

Default Anyone got Fast24 2MB service

Seems cheap at 37.50 a month. Any comments good/bad/indifferent?

--
---
Jim

Old February 21st 04, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

"Jim M" wrote in message
Seems cheap at 37.50 a month. Any comments good/bad/indifferent?

I have the 1mb service and had the occasional time when it has disconnected
and connected and downloads have gone at 2mb which was amazing. A full linux
ISO over 600mb in a matter of one hour! (I think the restricting it to 1mb
is done at F24's end as my line always synchs at 2mb but usually downloads
at only 1mb.)

Sometimes get the occasional disconnection but then it's simply a case of
re-connecting after the line has synced again. I don't know if it's Fast24's
fault, BT's fault or my line isn't 100%.

I was waiting a long long time to be connected to F24 but then this was when
the service started and they were just finding their feet, there was also a
suggestion that BT had messed up.

I have problems with ping spikes during online gaming.

All in all good for the price. I don't know if say plusnet is 100% perfect
compared with my experience but it may help paying extra.

The feeling I get from the forum is that F24 is quite variable and some
people have bad experiences whereas other's find it ok.

Customer service is generally ok when you get to talk to them.

Hope this helps you in making your decison. I recommend it if you don't mind
the possibility of ping spikes during gaming and the possible occasional
disconnection.