Is This Good Or Bad??

Old February 21st 04, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

Default Is This Good Or Bad??

Even though according to PlusNet I should not get ADSL activate till
Thursday of next week the light on my D-Link 604+ has just come on - looking
at the line summary from the router the following is show

Protocol ADSL
State Showtime
Data Path Fast
Operation Mode G.DMT
Downstream Speed 1152 kbps
Upstream Speed 288 kbps
SNR 40.0 dB 11.5 dB
ATEN 23 dB 13 dB
Line Error ADSL layer FEC 0 0
CRC 2 0
ATM layer HEC 0 0
Frame Counter 54 61

Is this good or bad?? What does it all mean.

Also in the email I got from PlusNet it said the light might come on in the
testing phase but I was not to use it till I got the Ok - can I try???

Old February 21st 04, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

On 21/02/2004 Kimball K Kinnison a wrote :
Is this good or bad?? What does it all mean.

Also in the email I got from PlusNet it said the light might come on in the
testing phase but I was not to use it till I got the Ok - can I try???

It means that the ADSL has been activated by BT, but you might still
not be able to log in to the Plusnet server until they activate it at
their end.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old February 21st 04, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 12:44:30 -0000, Kimball K Kinnison
wrote:

[...]

Hi,

Looks like it is syncing at 1Mbps to me. Take a look at our early
activation tutorial at

http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?p=48524

If you log in with your broadband username, usually of the format
within about 30 minutes our system should see you
trying to log on and activate the account for you.

--
Regards,

http://www.plus.net
Old February 21st 04, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

news
wrote:

Even though according to PlusNet I should not get ADSL activate till
Thursday of next week the light on my D-Link 604+ has just come on -
looking
at the line summary from the router the following is show

Protocol ADSL
State Showtime
Data Path Fast
Operation Mode G.DMT
Downstream Speed 1152 kbps
Upstream Speed 288 kbps
SNR 40.0 dB 11.5 dB
ATEN 23 dB 13 dB
Line Error ADSL layer FEC 0 0
CRC 2 0
ATM layer HEC 0 0
Frame Counter 54 61

Is this good or bad?? What does it all mean.

Also in the email I got from PlusNet it said the light might come on in
the
testing phase but I was not to use it till I got the Ok - can I try???

Hi,

Looks like it is syncing at 1Mbps to me. Take a look at our early
activation tutorial at

http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?p=48524

If you log in with your broadband username, usually of the format
within about 30 minutes our system should see you
trying to log on and activate the account for you.

--
Regards,

| Dave Tomlinson Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @
http://www.plus.net

Many thanx - I will take a look

Old February 21st 04, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike.P

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 13:58:41 -0000, "Gus" wrote:

nothing wrong there at all, those are the figures I want to get so I can get
1mbit, but my attenuation is usually 48 to 51, 45 is the upper limit for
1mbit so cant get it

Heres the figures from my USR910k Router
SNR Margin (dB): 30.5 29.0
Attenuation (dB): 36.0 31.5
Output Power (dBm): 11.9 11.9
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 7328 1148

BT say I cannot have 1mbit as I am too far from the exchange.

--
The Sopranos season 5 will premiere Sunday, March 7th, 2004