Short term ADSL connection ....

Old February 21st 04, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham in Melton

Default Short term ADSL connection ....

I am moving house and will lose my lovely Nildram connection until I find a
new one .... Can anyone recommend a short term ADSL provider who can do me
one or two months of wires only service when I am lodging with relatives who
do not have broadband ....?

An indication of setup fees would I guess be the main cost, so has anyone
got any advice.

TIA

Old February 21st 04, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 17:50:40 +0000, Graham in Melton
wrote:

I am moving house and will lose my lovely Nildram connection until I find a
new one .... Can anyone recommend a short term ADSL provider who can do me
one or two months of wires only service when I am lodging with relatives who
do not have broadband ....?

An indication of setup fees would I guess be the main cost, so has anyone
got any advice.

TIA

I am a Nildram subscriber and have found that I can use my connection
to log onto any valid user account of the Nildram service so, IMHO,
you could lob 50 at Nildram who will use that money to get BT to
provide an ADSL service on your relatives phone line and then continue
to collect from you the monthly service fee. You can then just
reassamble your computer equipment at your new temporary abode and
away you go using your same account details.

Repeat the exercise when you move out, if the line is immediately
taken over then that's a 50 installation charge saved for the new
users!

DAVID BRADLEY