Pipex Newsgroups

Old February 21st 04, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave J

Default Pipex Newsgroups

In my office where we use Demon I can read messages in newsgroups instantly.
At home where my ADSL provider is Pipex it takes approx 30 seconds to open a
message in any newsgroup.

Is this a common problem or is there anything I may have configured
incorrectly

Thanks

Old February 21st 04, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:29:00 -0000, "Dave J"
wrote:

In my office where we use Demon I can read messages in newsgroups instantly.
At home where my ADSL provider is Pipex it takes approx 30 seconds to open a
message in any newsgroup.

Is this a common problem or is there anything I may have configured
incorrectly

Which server are you using. I was using news.dsl.pipex.com and found
this to be absolutely useless. I've just switched to
news-text.dsl.pipex.com and it flies along now.
On a seperate note I subscribed to individual.net after it being
advised and couldn't get that to work. Apparently, according to
individual.net, it's a ISP problem. I've never found out what.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.