D-Link 604+ Firewall Rules

Old February 21st 04, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

Default D-Link 604+ Firewall Rules

Ok I am now on PlusNets 1mb service. Very impressed. My exchange went live
Wednesday. I applied Wednesday at 9am and my ADSL light game on at 11 am
today!

I am using a D-Link DSL-604+ modem/router. It is working perfectly well but
I wonder if someone could give me some advice re the firewall rules. Default
is that they seem to be disabled. I presume I should turn them on but I am
not sure what to set them to. The manual is useless. Could someone give me
an idiots guide please?

Old February 22nd 04, 08:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
Try the forum on PLUS where you will find lots of help.

--

Sorry to be so thick - but where is PLUS

Old February 22nd 04, 11:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Sorry to be so thick - but where is PLUS

Go to http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/index.php

Old February 23rd 04, 01:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Perkin

"Kimball K Kinnison" wrote in
:

I am using a D-Link DSL-604+ modem/router. It is working perfectly
well but I wonder if someone could give me some advice re the
firewall rules. Default is that they seem to be disabled. I
presume I should turn them on but I am not sure what to set them
to. The manual is useless. Could someone give me an idiots guide
please?

1. On the DSL-604+ the firewall is on by default. It will drop all
unsolicited incoming traffic. In my experience it is unlikely that
you will need to configure any firewall filter rules.

2. The manual is *awful*. It is of the type which lists the options
but gives no information or 'how to' information

3. The most useful info on the DSL-604+ is likely the eXpansys
support forum. Find it he
http://www.expansys.com/forum.asp?man=D-LIN&code=DSL-604GPLUS

Hope this helps

--

Richard Perkin
To email me, change the AT in the address below

is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's.
It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.
Old February 23rd 04, 09:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

"Richard Perkin" wrote in message
"Kimball K Kinnison" wrote in
:

[...]