Crazy business sense.

Old February 21st 04, 11:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

Default Crazy business sense.

After reading numerous posts regarding BT and Broadband, I can't understand
their business sense.

One poster has stated he had supplied ADSL to customers 7-9km from the
exchange because the checker was fooled due to the customers having DACS,
yet it worked.

Another post had ADSL, something happened and it got removed then BT refused
to supply it again as they claimed they couldn't get it. So point blankly
refused.

Other customers only live a couple of km away yet are at the limits
regarding db so BT refuse to supply.

Now BT say you can order a new line and specify you want ADSL and if it is
unsuccessful you don't get charged.

So why can't BT just enable all those folk that reckon they can get it.
After all they are willing to take a chance and pay a set up fee so BT can't
lose. Or why don't BT say yes we will enable you but our checker says you
are out with the limits so we can't offer any technical assistance if your
connection continually drops.

It must be so frustrating for folk who's neighbours have it yet BT say they
can't get it.

Or am I missing something obvious?

cheers

Steven.

Old February 22nd 04, 04:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message

So why can't BT just enable all those folk that reckon they can get it.
After all they are willing to take a chance and pay a set up fee so BT

can't
lose. Or why don't BT say yes we will enable you but our checker says you
are out with the limits so we can't offer any technical assistance if your
connection continually drops.

It must be so frustrating for folk who's neighbours have it yet BT say

they
can't get it.

Or am I missing something obvious?

While I am sure that BT's limits could be relaxed a bit.. (including
enabling RADSL on their 1 and 2MB products)

However, the reason for this policy is that enabling "poor" lines doesn't
just mean that they may suffer connection problems drops if enabled but that
other existing users may also start to have problems as they can suffer from
interference from "poorer" lines

Telco's in the US used to do what you suggest when they first launched ADSL
and had all kinds of problems - BT has obiously studied that and decided
they don't want to go there..

Regards
Sunil

Old February 22nd 04, 08:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scott

How do you go about ordering a new line specifically for ADSL as this is
likely to be my last resort and how much does it cost

Cheers

Scott

Old February 22nd 04, 12:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jasper

www.bt.com

Old February 23rd 04, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
John Smith

not 'the checker'!

OH NO!

see my postings on daniel 'checker' huyton aka hans

ikg