E7EVEN Broadband

Old February 22nd 04, 08:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Default E7EVEN Broadband

Just been browsing there site (www.e7even.com) and their prices look very
attractive. Since their 1mb service is only slightly above what I am paying
for 512kb. However I'm a bit cautious because I haven't heard of them before
and their prices look too-good-to-be-true!

Does anybody have any experience with this ISP?

Dan

Old February 22nd 04, 08:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

Clearly some do - have you checked www.adslguide.org.uk?

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old February 22nd 04, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean

I have found them to be excellent so far - I paid an extra £5 for a
months telephone support but have found that I have not needed it.
When I have emailed them, they have always come back within a couple
of hours with the answer. I bought router/wireless card from another
site as they didn't provide the hardware I was looking for. Setup was
a breeze.

Fixed IP, 50Mb webspace & good DL speed for under £20/month. I have
been tempted by the 1Mb option but I don't think I need that kind of
capacity.

If you want a no frills service for a reasonable cost, then they get
the thumbs up from me.

Sean

Referral Code: 700389
Old February 22nd 04, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

The prices are not that fantastic. They look good on the surface. If you
take the 6 month bi-annual package which is shown @ £18 per month and then
add the £10 bi-annual membership fee + the £50 connection fee this would
work out at just under £24 per month if you decided to keep it for a full
year...if you only kept it for 6 months it would work out dearer because the
£50 connection fee would add an extra £8.33 to your monthly bill.

I was also reading the Q&A's and I think you have to buy your own modem and
bits!!! - This is deffo not a good package for a starter...if i was going to
pay all these fee's and folk out for the modem I would go with BulldogDSL
1MB @ £24.99 pm.

Adding the price, fees and outlay for equipment, this is just as dear as the
major players if not dearer.

Old February 24th 04, 12:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive Savage

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:22:50 -0000, "Gareth :-\) voom"
wrote:

The prices are not that fantastic. They look good on the surface. If you
take the 6 month bi-annual package which is shown @ £18 per month and then
add the £10 bi-annual membership fee + the £50 connection fee this would
work out at just under £24 per month if you decided to keep it for a full
year...if you only kept it for 6 months it would work out dearer because the
£50 connection fee would add an extra £8.33 to your monthly bill.

I was also reading the Q&A's and I think you have to buy your own modem and
bits!!! - This is deffo not a good package for a starter...if i was going to
pay all these fee's and folk out for the modem I would go with BulldogDSL
1MB @ £24.99 pm.

Yeah, I looking to go with Bulldog, pity they don`t have a newsgroup
server.

Bye for now.

Clive.
Old February 25th 04, 10:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I got e7even connected up just over a month ago (4 days after
requesting connection - fast). I'm very pleased. I'm getting a fast
conncetion and very speedy technical support (e-mail only for me) is
very good (replies within the 30-60mins usually), with the caveat that
you have to pay extra for phone support. Any questions give me a shout
on:

mcgi6ah2 {at} hotmail {dot} com

If you're registering put this referral code in:

700350