way of checking line is clear?

Old February 22nd 04, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rolfiebabe

Default way of checking line is clear?

Hi,

I've been told by freeserve that my line is finally clear for ordering with
another ISP, but when I've gone to the eclipse web site to order, it says an
order has already been placed on the line.

I've had loads of problems with freeserve for about 2 months and I don't
believe them, and I'm used to getting nothing done from them time after
time. Is there anything I can do to check?

Cheers.

Old February 22nd 04, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Rolfiebabe wrote:
Hi,

I've been told by freeserve that my line is finally clear for ordering with
another ISP, but when I've gone to the eclipse web site to order, it says an
order has already been placed on the line.

I've had loads of problems with freeserve for about 2 months and I don't
believe them, and I'm used to getting nothing done from them time after
time. Is there anything I can do to check?

Well, you might try another ISP, like plusnet, and see what they say.
You probably won't feel like entering 'mauve' into the box for the
person that referred you to plusnet.

I wonder about phoning BT.
IPstream 500 (or whatever) appears on the bill.
Might they be able to tell you the current status, even though it's
normally dealt with by the ISP.
Old February 22nd 04, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:51:34 -0000, Rolfiebabe
wrote:

Hi,

I've been told by freeserve that my line is finally clear for ordering
with
another ISP, but when I've gone to the eclipse web site to order, it
says an
order has already been placed on the line.

I've had loads of problems with freeserve for about 2 months and I don't
believe them, and I'm used to getting nothing done from them time after
time. Is there anything I can do to check?

Cheers.

Hi,

You can check www.bt.com/broadband if there's broadband still on the line
it'll say something like

"If you have an existing Broadband ADSL service and wish to change Service
providers then please contact both your new and existing Service Provider
to have this service transferred."

in a note at the bottom of the result page. It can sometimes take a few
days for all the databases to update to show that ADSL is no longer on the
line after a cease has complete.

--
Regards,