ADSL Modem/Router

Old February 23rd 04, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vinny

Default ADSL Modem/Router

Hi all

Just changing over from a ISP managed system to a wires only setup.

Currently using a BT modem 5861 with a Zyzel Prestige 300 router that will
be returned to the ISP.

Does anyone know of a modem/router to replace these?

Needs to have firewall capabilities.

We have 8 static IP address that we need to use, no NAT translation

NAT Translation is done by MS ISA server.

Any help appreciated

Regards Vinny

Old February 23rd 04, 06:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hello Vinny

Just changing over from a ISP managed system to a wires only setup.

We've just moved from a managed service provided by BT and resold
through a reseller to a wires only service through the same reseller.

We have 8 static IP address that we need to use, no NAT translation

NAT Translation is done by MS ISA server.

The MS ISA server can do the firewall and NAT functions. You can get a
5861 for 50 quid he

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3074953581

The logical chain would be:

LAN-MSISA-5861-Internet

Hope this helps.

regards
Marcus

Old February 24th 04, 10:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vinny

Thanks for that Marcus

it confirms my thoughts

Regards Vinny

Hello Vinny

Old February 24th 04, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Smith

the mentor router/modem with 4 ethernet ports at 43 pounds looks a good buy
from rl supplies

i might get one myself if i fail to get my alcatel speed touch up and
running properly

ian