More than 8 static IP addresses with PIPEX

Old February 24th 04, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Nicholson

Default More than 8 static IP addresses with PIPEX

We're currently running a BT OpenWorld ADSL connection with which we have 16
IP addresses. The standard 8 just wasn't enough - after taking out router,
firewall you only end up with 5 free. This is one less than we need so we
simply pay BT an extra 10 for another 8 IP addresses.

We're not 100% happy with the BT OpenWorld service - we've had a little too
much downtime over the last year so we're looking at a backup provider with
a separate ADSL line.

One of the best appears to be PIPEX (now a subsid of MCI I assume) but they
can't give us 16 IP addresses, just 8. What gives? Why is this?

And can anyone suggest an alternative business ADSL provider who can offer
16 IP addresses.

Thanks, Rob.

Old February 24th 04, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:13:02 +0000 (UTC), "Rob Nicholson"
wrote:

And can anyone suggest an alternative business ADSL provider who can offer
16 IP addresses.

AAISP - give as many as you can justify - for no extra cost.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old February 24th 04, 10:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Rob Nicholson" wrote in message

One of the best appears to be PIPEX (now a subsid of MCI I assume) but

they
can't give us 16 IP addresses, just 8. What gives? Why is this?

Pipex is now part of GX Networks (which itself has actually been renamed to
http://www.pipexcommunications.net/)

And can anyone suggest an alternative business ADSL provider who can offer
16 IP addresses.

http://www.aaisp.net
http://www.zen.co/uk/

(amongst others)