BT broadband - Netgear DG814 Help please

Old February 24th 04, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew

Default BT broadband - Netgear DG814 Help please

"Bob latham" wrote in message
Hi,

At work we have a setup using a DG814 connecting to a Plusnet account

and
it works fine. The boss didn't want this at home and went for the BT
broadband option with the free USB modem etc..

He has since decided he needs a network for printing and Internet

sharing
and I thought it should be possible to get the DG814 in my office to
connect to his BT account and show him the virtues of going down that
route.

Trouble is, I can't get it to work so the questions are...

1) Should I be able to get to his BT account from our line at work?
I didn't have a problem setting up other plusnet accounts.

2) Has anyone got some default setting for BT broadband on DG814?

3) The boss claims he has no password - is this possible?

I would be very grateful for any help.

Cheers,

Bob.

All the settings apart from the username/password should/will be the
same.
He's correct about the password, the last time i helped someone with a
BTBroadband connection their username was just their firstname DOT
.

Hope that helps

Andrew

Old February 24th 04, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DB

Yes, that is what he told me, so what stops anyone connecting as a BT
broadband customer then if they have ADSL already.

If you have an ADSL provision from one ISP (in your case Plusnet) you're
unlikely to be able to connect to another ISP (BT) over the same line, as
the service is tied to your ISP.