Zen playing up this week

Old February 24th 04, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Default Zen playing up this week

Can get sites on dial up but not through my Zen BB.

Anyone else having these problems.

Phil

Old February 24th 04, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vinny

Hi Phil

Cant answer you question, but can you mine?

Is this normal for Zen - They were one on our list to looking into.

Any advise appreciated - Regards Andy

.. .

Old February 24th 04, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Not normal and I have been very happy for over a year. It could be some
other reason is causing it. I will call them tomorrow to ask their advice.
Phil

Old February 29th 04, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
anc

"Phil" reply to group wrote:

Can get sites on dial up but not through my Zen BB.

Anyone else having these problems.

Phil

There was a problem a few days ago with one of Zen's DNS servers, the
secondary server on 212.23.8.1 If you had the list of DNS servers in the
opposite order (like me) you would also have experienced extreme slow
browsing (as the DNS server tried to resolve a domain into an IP address).
Email, newsgroups and telnet though were unaffected. There was a notice on
Zen's status page, and the problem has since been cured.