Forwarding voice calls via IP?

Old February 24th 04, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fergal

Default Forwarding voice calls via IP?

I have a remote office which is connected to my main office via a VPN
broadband connection. What I want to do is have an answering machine program
at the main office which will forward normal voice calls via IP to the
remote office. Is this possible?

Alternatively is it possible to redirect the calls to the remote office
without having some sort of PBX? Or as a final option does anybody know of
any answering machine software that will let me listen to messages remotely
using the broadband connection, rather than the phone line?

TIA

Fergal

Old February 24th 04, 02:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Fergal wrote:
I have a remote office which is connected to my main office via a VPN
broadband connection. What I want to do is have an answering machine program
at the main office which will forward normal voice calls via IP to the
remote office. Is this possible?

Alternatively is it possible to redirect the calls to the remote office
without having some sort of PBX? Or as a final option does anybody know of
any answering machine software that will let me listen to messages remotely
using the broadband connection, rather than the phone line?

Without knowing exactly what you are trying to do, it sounds like
BTs new VOIP product might be of use.
You get a box (free till march?) which you plug into the broadband
connection, and it acts like BT just came and installed a phone line
with an 0500* number.
Rental some 7 quid/month.