How to check whether ADSL is enabled on line

Old February 24th 04, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicholas F Hodder

Default How to check whether ADSL is enabled on line

A friend of mine is due to have Eclipse ADSL enabled on his line today by
7:30pm. According to www.bt.com/broadband, his BT_ADSL_CODE is still GGER,
as opposed to GGEA.

Is there any other definitive way of checking whether ADSL has been enabled
on the line without an ADSL modem?

Old February 24th 04, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Smith

ask bt customer service

that's what i did. as i could not sure that my router/modem was working
properly

ian

Old February 25th 04, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive

In article ,
said...
A friend of mine is due to have Eclipse ADSL enabled on his line today by
7:30pm. According to
www.bt.com/broadband, his BT_ADSL_CODE is still GGER,
as opposed to GGEA.

Is there any other definitive way of checking whether ADSL has been enabled
on the line without an ADSL modem?

Well if you suddendly start hearing high frequency noise on the line
when you use the phone (without a filter attached) it usually a good
indication BT has done their side of the work. The ISP side is another
matter, which can only be checked with them or by trying to connect.
Old February 25th 04, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicholas F Hodder

"John Smith" wrote in message
ask bt customer service

that's what i did. as i could not sure that my router/modem was working
properly

Well it turned out that, even though Eclipse gave an activation date of
24/02/2004, BT are not going to activate it until 27/02/2004. Is any
automatic compensation due for this?