Conventional modem with an ethernet input

Old February 25th 04, 11:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham in Melton

Default Conventional modem with an ethernet input

If I move to an exchange which has yet to be enabled, I do not particularly
wish to go to iSDN/HH/Midband as I would be tied in for a year before I
could change to ADSL without penalty. The exchange is due to be enabled in
about 6 months, so until then I'd like to stick with simple a simple
analogue modem. As the link is shared with several computers, I'd like to
plus one of the existing simple routers into a analogue modem.

I've used ICS a lot of times and cba to change the network all over again,
so a simple V90 would be the preferred option.

Has anyone come across this type of external modem ?

TIA

Old February 25th 04, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Parry

In ,
Graham in Melton fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
If I move to an exchange which has yet to be enabled, I do not
particularly wish to go to iSDN/HH/Midband as I would be tied in for
a year before I could change to ADSL without penalty. The exchange is
due to be enabled in about 6 months, so until then I'd like to stick
with simple a simple analogue modem. As the link is shared with
several computers, I'd like to plus one of the existing simple
routers into a analogue modem.

I've used ICS a lot of times and cba to change the network all over
again, so a simple V90 would be the preferred option.

Has anyone come across this type of external modem ?

TIA

if you can find one something like this will do the job

http://www.baazee.com/jsp/BidForm.js...adeId=24374673

they operate as a dial up proxy server

--
Steve Parry