BT Broadband 1MB Enq...

Old February 25th 04, 01:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Electric Xplosiv

Default BT Broadband 1MB Enq...

Just ordered an 1MB upgrade with BT BroadBand
(not BT openworld , or BT Yahoo Broadband)

The email says I'll be getting a broadband modem pack.

Just wondering why I can't use my existing modem?
(BT Voyager USB modem) and what modem they will send out?

thanks in advance, Xplosiv.
--
*.. )) -::-
. .))

Old February 25th 04, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

"Electric Xplosiv" wrote in message
Just ordered an 1MB upgrade with BT BroadBand
(not BT openworld , or BT Yahoo Broadband)

The email says I'll be getting a broadband modem pack.

Just wondering why I can't use my existing modem?
(BT Voyager USB modem) and what modem they will send out?

no reason y u can't at all. i'd have recommended using a different service,
eg. plusnet or fast24, both under 30 a month for 1mb

Old February 25th 04, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tacky

Hi All
I just ordered 1mb from Pipex after migrating from BT Yahoo last month ,I
get the 1meg on the 1st of March for 33.99 per month.
The migration was as smooth as silk and looks like the upgrade will be too.
Thanks to all the guys and gals at Pipex your the best.
Dave.

Old February 25th 04, 08:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message
no reason y u can't at all. i'd have recommended using a different

service,
eg. plusnet or fast24, both under 30 a month for 1mb

You got my hopes up there thinking plusnet had reduced their costs!!
Unfortunately they are 32.99 for 1mb.

Old February 26th 04, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Electric Xplosiv wrote:
Just ordered an 1MB upgrade with BT BroadBand
(not BT openworld , or BT Yahoo Broadband)

The email says I'll be getting a broadband modem pack.

Just wondering why I can't use my existing modem?
(BT Voyager USB modem) and what modem they will send out?

thanks in advance, Xplosiv.

You can use whatever modem you want to. But if its a freebie, then accept
it. You can always sell it on ebay if you dont want it.

Old February 27th 04, 03:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
You got my hopes up there thinking plusnet had reduced their costs!!
Unfortunately they are 32.99 for 1mb.

Sorry I was under the impression it was under 30. I'm happy with fast24 1mb
for 27.50 a month.