Praise about broadband experience

Old February 25th 04, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Burton

Default Praise about broadband experience

As a hardened cynic when it comes to anything IT I'd like to offer praise as
follows.

On the Wednesday18th February Broadband was enabled in our sleepy Dorset
village.

On the Thursday (knowing nothing about broadband) I posted a request here
for info about adsl wireless routers etc. Thanks for the response everyone.

Later the same day (thinking things would take a while) I placed an order
with Metronet for their broadband service (as I don't download huge files
their capped pay as you go tarriff looks just what I need).

On Friday the line was tested and I received an email saying it would be
enabled on Monday morning. Late on Friday afternoon I placed an order with
ebuyer for their Origo usb/ethernet wireless router at about 60 pounds, a
wireless card and a couple of filters at 99p each.

On Monday metronet emailed to say they would enable the service on Tuesday
morning.

On Tuesday the kit arrived from Ebuyer and two hours later I was connected.
(slight problem installing the USB drivers)

I then updated the router firmware from the support site to include a
firewall.

That's it!

Thanks to everyone for what I think was amazing service.