Modems

Old February 25th 04, 04:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
stu frith

Default Modems

Hi all I have tiscali B/B and it keeps dropping the connection when I leave
it on over-night to download a film. I have both the filters on and have
spoke with the Indian help desk.when I try to re-connect I cant. I have to
unplug the USB and re-connect to get on the WWW. Is it worth getting better
modems or are the one I have adequate (sagem(.?

Old February 25th 04, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul King

"stu frith" wrote in message
Hi all I have tiscali B/B and it keeps dropping the connection when I

leave
it on over-night to download a film. I have both the filters on and have
spoke with the Indian help desk.when I try to re-connect I cant. I have to
unplug the USB and re-connect to get on the WWW. Is it worth getting

better
modems or are the one I have adequate (sagem(.?

Stu,

There's loads of us having dropped connections........... not just on
Tiscali.
I'm on Pipex (see the DLink DSL300G+ Saga continues..... thread earlier!).
I've been having dropped connections for over three weeks now!
Someone on that thread suggested connecting using PPPoE instead of PPPoA.
I tried that... and it worked 1st time!
YMMV

---

Old February 25th 04, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tacky

Hi Paul wot mobo are u using, if its the VIA chipset and has a softmenu
setup in the bios enable the enhanced chip performance this should cure the
disconnection problem.
Tacky.
"Paul King" wrote in message
s.com...