1mbs & E7Even queries

Old February 25th 04, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ebodski

Default 1mbs & E7Even queries

Okay, I'm 9 months into adsl and have had virgin.net @ £25 p/m since last
May.

1. I've noticed E7Even listed on ADSLGUIDE.ORG with a 1mbs offer only
slightly higher than I'm paying for 512k. Can anyone recommend them or
anybody else who does 1mbs cheap

2. Maybe this question should have come first.... How can I tell whether
I'll be able to actually get 1mbs ?

Thx

Old February 26th 04, 02:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I got e7even connected up just over a month ago (4 days after
requesting connection - fast). I'm very pleased. I'm getting a good
speed and the technical support (e-mail only for me) is very good
(replies within the 30-60mins usually), with the caveat that you have
to pay extra for phone support. Any questions give me a shout on:

mcgi6ah2 {at} hotmail {dot} com

If you're registering put this referral code in:

700350

Haven't tried their 1mb service as I don't erally have a need, but if
its anything like the 512k service you'll have no worries...

Old February 28th 04, 09:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicholas F Hodder

wrote in message
om...
I got e7even connected up just over a month ago (4 days after
requesting connection - fast). I'm very pleased. I'm getting a good
speed and the technical support (e-mail only for me) is very good
(replies within the 30-60mins usually), with the caveat that you have
to pay extra for phone support. Any questions give me a shout on:

What's their speed like when tested at
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp ?

Old February 29th 04, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Tested it on there a while ago and got 504kbps as an estimate of true
speed. Just checked again and it came out lower at 450kbps. By mistake
I tested it before then while still using another computer on my same
router switch - so the results were skewed down to 370kbps. I'll test
again sometime this week, but I reckon it'd be safe to say that the
504ish result correlates more to my normal use... I'll let you know!

"Nicholas F Hodder" wrote in message ...
om...