Managed broadband account

Old February 26th 04, 04:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scooby Snacks

Default Managed broadband account

Hi, I've had ADSL installed now for nearly 3 years, I was one of the 1st to
get connected in BT's first trials way back.
When BT installed my ADSL I had an engineer come round and fit a very large
socket in place of my standard size BT socket in the living room, on the
large socket is two outputs, one for ADSL and one for the telephone.

I was with BT openworld for two years but after their service became slow
and crap I changed to pipex last year, which "touch wood" has been faultless
and I cannot praise it enough.
I was looking into the upgrade of 1mb ADSL and I've been told I have a
"managed account" I haven't a clue what this means.

I have visited the pipex upgrade pages and the option to upgrade to 1mb ADSL
(solo 1000) is their "BUT" how do I know I can have this if my ADSL account
is a managed one from a normal?

I don't want to ring pipex and look completely thick when they tell me
"sorry I cannot upgrade due to my account being managed".

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Old February 26th 04, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ray

"Scooby Snacks" wrote in message
[...]

I had a btopenworld managed account and moved to pipex.

I have applied for the 1mb upgrade and they send you an email saying that bt
will have to test your line again.

This takes up to 7 working days. If you are ok to go they say it will take
another 7-10 working days to process.

So you can apply for it and see what happens. Don't forget you will be
charged 41.13 for the regrade if successful.

Hope this helps.

Ray

Old February 26th 04, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scooby Snacks

I had a btopenworld managed account and moved to pipex.

I have applied for the 1mb upgrade and they send you an email saying that

bt
will have to test your line again.

This takes up to 7 working days. If you are ok to go they say it will take
another 7-10 working days to process.

So you can apply for it and see what happens. Don't forget you will be
charged 41.13 for the regrade if successful.

Hope this helps.

Ray

Cheers Ray

If I apply for the 1mb jobbie, would they still charge me the re-grade fee
if it fails the line test? also is the line test done at BT, I wont have to
have any engineer call would I?

Cheers

Old February 28th 04, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ray

"Scooby Snacks" wrote in message

I had a btopenworld managed account and moved to pipex.

I have applied for the 1mb upgrade and they send you an email saying

that
bt
will have to test your line again.

This takes up to 7 working days. If you are ok to go they say it will

take
another 7-10 working days to process.

So you can apply for it and see what happens. Don't forget you will be
charged 41.13 for the regrade if successful.

Hope this helps.

Ray

Cheers Ray

If I apply for the 1mb jobbie, would they still charge me the re-grade fee
if it fails the line test? also is the line test done at BT, I wont have

have any engineer call would I?

Cheers

The line test is done by BT before you pay any money. If the line passes you
will get a confirmation from Pipex.

Thay take the 41.13 regrade fee straight away, it must be for BT.

Your upgrade goes through a few days later and this becomes your new billing
date for each month.

Thanks
Ray