USB ADSL modem recommendations?

Old February 26th 04, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
simon

Default USB ADSL modem recommendations?

As per Subject line; I would like to purchase my own USB ADSL modem and
would appreciate any recommendations. Price and reliability are obvious
considerations.

Thanks in advance,
Simon.

Old February 26th 04, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

simon wrote:
As per Subject line; I would like to purchase my own USB ADSL modem
and would appreciate any recommendations. Price and reliability are
obvious considerations.

My advice would be to steer clear of usb modem. They can be very
temperamental due to usb power consumption and its effects on your system.
You would be better off with a PCI adsl modem, or even better, a router,
which really are not much more than modems nowadays.

Old February 26th 04, 01:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Smith

the mentor 43 pound inc vat router/modem with 4 ethernet ports and built in
firewall seems a good deal from those nice helpful guys at rl supplies

www.rlsupplies.co.uk

i might well get one myself if laurie and i can't get my alcatel 510 v3.7
working properly

ian

"

Old February 26th 04, 11:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Gomeche

You cheap *******.

http://www.gomechewatch.com/