Plus.Net, question regarding their free webspace.

Old February 27th 04, 09:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

Default Plus.Net, question regarding their free webspace.

I`ve now got my BT line installed and i`m ready to leap from NTL to an ADSL
provider.

I`m looking at Plus.net the 512k service (21 i think it was), they do SQL
with the 250 webspace, is SQL free or is there a "Set-Up" fee for SQL?

Cheers

Old February 27th 04, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
I_N

I've used it and it's free along with PHP

cheers

Ian
PlusNet referral ID "neltek"

Old February 27th 04, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Meggahurtz" wrote in message
I`ve now got my BT line installed and i`m ready to leap from NTL to an

ADSL
provider.

I`m looking at Plus.net the 512k service (21 i think it was), they do SQL
with the 250 webspace, is SQL free or is there a "Set-Up" fee for SQL?

It's free to setup and use, but it takes up to about 24 hours to get
activated, after you request it turned on, on the database page on their
portal.

I have a script that will run in cron on their CGI server and automatically
email you daily/weekly with a backup file of your database. If you want it I
can post it here, it's not big. You get Mysql Admin GUI too. The 250KMb
space is shared between database/webpages/front page/cgi.

If you feel inclined you could enter my id walespc as referrer when you
signup and there is a small chance I might get a modest discount.

Any more questions feel free...

Jc.

Old February 27th 04, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
I_N

The script you mention would be very useful

also have you looked at any PHP / MySQL content management scripts

Want to be able to enable sections of websites so they can be edited online

cheers

Ian