Dropped Lines!

Old February 27th 04, 12:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fatty

Default Dropped Lines!

Right peeps,

I have a SMC Barricade 4 port ASDL router and Since i have upgraded from
512k to1mb(This could be irrelevent) about 3/4 weeks ago it keeps dropping
the line and I see no relevent information in the routers log (i.e. Smurf,
DoS attacks etc) I have read posts which have said try PPPoE that won't
connect (Which is what i suspected). Does anyone else have any ideas or
the same issue?

TIA for any helpful comments.

Old February 27th 04, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"fatty" wrote in message ...
Right peeps,

I have a SMC Barricade 4 port ASDL router and Since i have upgraded from
512k to1mb(This could be irrelevent) about 3/4 weeks ago it keeps dropping
the line and I see no relevent information in the routers log (i.e. Smurf,
DoS attacks etc) I have read posts which have said try PPPoE that won't
connect (Which is what i suspected). Does anyone else have any ideas or
the same issue?

TIA for any helpful comments.

Does it report the line attenuation and SNR (signal to noise ratio) in it's
interface somewhere?

Jc

Old February 27th 04, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fatty

"Josey" wrote in message

"fatty" wrote in message

Right peeps,

I have a SMC Barricade 4 port ASDL router and Since i have upgraded

from
512k to1mb(This could be irrelevent) about 3/4 weeks ago it keeps

dropping
the line and I see no relevent information in the routers log (i.e.

Smurf,
DoS attacks etc) I have read posts which have said try PPPoE that

won't
connect (Which is what i suspected). Does anyone else have any ideas

or
the same issue?

TIA for any helpful comments.

Does it report the line attenuation and SNR (signal to noise ratio) in

it's
interface somewhere?

Jc

I have no idea, I'll try check it though, a friend mentioned that some
automatic/timer lights were interfering with his line when they came on.
i'll check the log!

One problem i have is when my router reconnects to the service it clears the
log so i have very little time to actually see the log as it reconnects
usally with in 15-20 seconds.

Also i expect i'm missing most the drops due to this reconnect behaviour.

Old February 27th 04, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"fatty" wrote in message

I have no idea, I'll try check it though, a friend mentioned that some
automatic/timer lights were interfering with his line when they came on.
i'll check the log!

One problem i have is when my router reconnects to the service it clears

the
log so i have very little time to actually see the log as it reconnects
usally with in 15-20 seconds.

Also i expect i'm missing most the drops due to this reconnect behaviour.

It's little to go on so far - It could be something you end, or a problem
with your line.

Try unplugging all your telephones etc and see if the probolem stops. Also
knowing the figures I mentioned before will tell us something about the
quality of the line.

Jc.

Old February 27th 04, 01:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fatty

"Josey" wrote in message

"fatty" wrote in message

I have no idea, I'll try check it though, a friend mentioned that some
automatic/timer lights were interfering with his line when they came on.
i'll check the log!

One problem i have is when my router reconnects to the service it clears

the
log so i have very little time to actually see the log as it reconnects
usally with in 15-20 seconds.

Also i expect i'm missing most the drops due to this reconnect

behaviour.

It's little to go on so far - It could be something you end, or a problem
with your line.

Try unplugging all your telephones etc and see if the probolem stops. Also
knowing the figures I mentioned before will tell us something about the
quality of the line.

Jc.

I'll check (not at home at the moment)!