Router recommendations

Old February 27th 04, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paladin

Default Router recommendations

My D-Link DSL-504 appears to have died on me, so I'm looking for a
replacement. I would like the router to also have wireless networking
capability. I'm considering two options:

D-Link DSL-604+
Draytek Vigor 2600G

Does anyone have any comments on these routers, or suggested alternatives.
I'm looking to make a quick decision!

Thanks.
--
Paladin

Remove "NOSPAM" to reply:

Old February 27th 04, 04:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:47:29 -0000, "Paladin"
wrote:

My D-Link DSL-504 appears to have died on me, so I'm looking for a
replacement. I would like the router to also have wireless networking
capability. I'm considering two options:

D-Link DSL-604+
Draytek Vigor 2600G

If you search this newgroup you will see that both are mentioned a lot
- with plenty of end user feedback. I prefer the Vigor.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old February 27th 04, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
I_N

Hi

I was looking for a wireless adsl router/modem
From much reading of the newsgroup I came to the conclusion
Draytek was best but too expensive for my needs

Then looked at
Linksys WAG54G
Netgear whatever it is for 54g
and
D-Link

D link kit recommended by a friend
Netgear recommended by another friend

Both have good and plenty of bad press on the newsgroup

Then I found the Linksys model
Some really good reviews - almost no bad ones found
(has initial problem with timeserver - but that is fixed by firmware
upgrade)
Most websites selling it also have good reviews and adslguide.org.uk
Also mentioned company now owned by CISCO

So I went for that
Have set it up for wireless network (arrived yesterday)
Took some time to get laptop to work but that was probably due to cheap
wireless card from ebuyer (12)
However now working and gets brill signal from router (upstairs bedroom) to
laptop in either:
other bedroom
dining room down stairs
and living room
Seems o.k.
Not got ADSL till next week so can't say for that...

dunno if this helps but explains my reasoning

Ian

"Paladin" wrote in message
Thanks. The Vigor definitely seems more full-featured - it's just that I

am
very familiar with D-Link setup, etc.
--
Paladin

Remove "NOSPAM" to reply:

Old February 27th 04, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paladin

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check out the Linksys - I've had good
experiences with their gear in the past...
--
Paladin

Remove "NOSPAM" to reply:

"I_N" wrote in message
Hi

I was looking for a wireless adsl router/modem
From much reading of the newsgroup I came to the conclusion

Old February 29th 04, 01:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul King

I use D-Link DI 624 Router - the one with two aerials. The newer DI 624+
only seems to have one aerial, dunno if that's good or bad! They're both 54G
with 4 Ethernet ports.

Excellent kit for the price in my opinion!
HTH