Telphone faceplates with builtin filter

Old February 27th 04, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Horton

Default Telphone faceplates with builtin filter

Hi,

I can't believe I am the only person in the country who wants this - a
telephone faceplate, that can be used on an extension line, which has an
ADSL socket and a filtered BT socket. No need for a plug in anything.
Very neat.

The reason for this is that my master socket is in one room and the
computer is another room, connected via an extension. This must be a
very common situation in 1000's of UK homes.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Rob Horton.
Old February 27th 04, 06:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Rob Horton" [email protected]_horton wrote in message
I can't believe I am the only person in the country who wants this - a
telephone faceplate, that can be used on an extension line, which has an
ADSL socket and a filtered BT socket. No need for a plug in anything.
Very neat.

The reason for this is that my master socket is in one room and the
computer is another room, connected via an extension. This must be a
very common situation in 1000's of UK homes.

Any ideas?

http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm
http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm

Regards
Sunil

Old February 27th 04, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:01:06 +0000, Rob Horton [email protected]_horton
wrote:

I can't believe I am the only person in the country who wants this - a
telephone faceplate, that can be used on an extension line, which has an
ADSL socket and a filtered BT socket. No need for a plug in anything.
Very neat.

You are not the only person.

The reason for this is that my master socket is in one room and the
computer is another room, connected via an extension. This must be a
very common situation in 1000's of UK homes.

Any ideas?

Search this newsgroup - this is often enquired about and faceplates
can be purchased.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old February 27th 04, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

wrote:

Hi,

I can't believe I am the only person in the country who wants this - a
telephone faceplate, that can be used on an extension line, which has an
ADSL socket and a filtered BT socket. No need for a plug in anything.
Very neat.

The reason for this is that my master socket is in one room and the
computer is another room, connected via an extension. This must be a
very common situation in 1000's of UK homes.

Any ideas?

Yes, have a look on http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm and
look at the modified ADSL filter and the dual RJ45\BT socket.
You may not be able to do this depending how many wires you have
between your master socket and secondary. Normal secondary wiring
needs 3 wires and the ADSL will require an extra 2, the way you're
doing it at least.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Old February 27th 04, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:22:54 UTC, (Lurch)
wrote:

Yes, have a look on
http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm and
look at the modified ADSL filter

Not suitable for his situation, though.

and the dual RJ45\BT socket.

But that is.

You may not be able to do this depending how many wires you have
between your master socket and secondary. Normal secondary wiring
needs 3 wires and the ADSL will require an extra 2, the way you're
doing it at least.

No, the way he's doing it is to run a standard extension, with filter in
the extension. So he only needs 3 wires from the master socket.
--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...
Old February 27th 04, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:10:52 UTC, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

"Rob Horton" [email protected]_horton wrote in message
I can't believe I am the only person in the country who wants this - a
telephone faceplate, that can be used on an extension line, which has an
ADSL socket and a filtered BT socket. No need for a plug in anything.
Very neat.

The reason for this is that my master socket is in one room and the
computer is another room, connected via an extension. This must be a
very common situation in 1000's of UK homes.

Any ideas?

http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm

http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm

Nothing here that meets the requirements AFAICS.

He wants a dual extension socket with built in filter for the ADSL side.
--
Bob Eager

Old February 27th 04, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

wrote:

"Rob Horton" [email protected]_horton wrote in message
I can't believe I am the only person in the country who wants this - a
telephone faceplate, that can be used on an extension line, which has

an
ADSL socket and a filtered BT socket. No need for a plug in anything.
Very neat.

The reason for this is that my master socket is in one room and the
computer is another room, connected via an extension. This must be a
very common situation in 1000's of UK homes.

Any ideas?

http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm

http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm

Nothing here that meets the requirements AFAICS.

He wants a dual extension socket with built in filter for the ADSL side.

The "Dual ADSL+Voice secondary wall boxes" - bottom left hand side of

Old February 27th 04, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiren

"Rob Horton" [email protected]_horton wrote in message
Hi,

I can't believe I am the only person in the country who wants this - a
telephone faceplate, that can be used on an extension line, which has an
ADSL socket and a filtered BT socket. No need for a plug in anything.
Very neat.

Had this setup for over a year. Very reliable.

Old February 27th 04, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

wrote:

Yes, have a look on
http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm and
look at the modified ADSL filter

Not suitable for his situation, though.

It is. Please explain.

and the dual RJ45\BT socket.

But that is.

I know, that's why I suggested it.

You may not be able to do this depending how many wires you have
between your master socket and secondary. Normal secondary wiring
needs 3 wires and the ADSL will require an extra 2, the way you're
doing it at least.

No, the way he's doing it is to run a standard extension, with filter in
the extension. So he only needs 3 wires from the master socket.

He's not doing it any way, he's asking advice on how to do it.
Suggest how then if we're obviously way off the mark.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Old February 27th 04, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

wrote:

[...]

Sockets only, no filters built in. They're designed for use with the
modified NTE5 filters.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.