question about 1MB service

Old February 28th 04, 02:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Horne

Default question about 1MB service

I'm considering moving to a 1MB service. I currently have BT Broadband
at 27 a month for 512k, and I'm out of contract with them. I was
considering moving to a cheaper provider, but I've stayed with BT
through inertia, and also because I've had no problem with their
service. I'm using the voyager adsl modem which I got from BT initially,
and I use Mac OS 8.6. (I have no plans to upgrade to OS X)

Would the modem I currently have support faster speeds than 512k. I'm
presuming it would, but I don't know.

David

--
David Horne- (website under reconstruction)
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk
Old February 28th 04, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"David Horne" wrote in message
news:1g9veed.mh3nxak3idk9N%this_address_is_for_spa ...

Would the modem I currently have support faster speeds than 512k. I'm
presuming it would, but I don't know.

It will be fine.

Regards
Sunil

Old February 29th 04, 03:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martyn Dewar

David Horne wrote:

I'm considering moving to a 1MB service. I currently have BT Broadband
at 27 a month for 512k, and I'm out of contract with them. I was
considering moving to a cheaper provider, but I've stayed with BT
through inertia, and also because I've had no problem with their
service. I'm using the voyager adsl modem which I got from BT initially,
and I use Mac OS 8.6. (I have no plans to upgrade to OS X)

Would the modem I currently have support faster speeds than 512k. I'm
presuming it would, but I don't know.

David

Yes, the Voyager modem will support 1mbit. If i remember correctly it
supports up to 8mbit downstream and 1mbit upstream

Old February 29th 04, 04:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl

Martyn Dewar wrote:

Yes, the Voyager modem will support 1mbit. If i remember correctly it
supports up to 8mbit downstream and 1mbit upstream

So it should be fine for 99% of the UK until about 2010 unless a certain
telco sorts itself out *cough*