Wireless Netwrok Camera

Old February 28th 04, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kathy Burke

Default Wireless Netwrok Camera

How does a wireless network camera with "e-mail alert with picture when
image changed" send an e-mail if it doesn't have an isp and can work when
the computer is switched off?

Secondly, I'd like to upload images when intrusion is detected up to a
website, so that periodically whilst away I can see who's been around. Is
this easy to set up?

Finally, does anyone have any recommendations as to the best wireless
network cameras? It will talk to a Netgear DG834G

Ta

K.

Old February 28th 04, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
simonbray

"Kathy Burke" wrote in message
How does a wireless network camera with "e-mail alert with picture when
image changed" send an e-mail if it doesn't have an isp and can work when
the computer is switched off?

Secondly, I'd like to upload images when intrusion is detected up to a
website, so that periodically whilst away I can see who's been around. Is
this easy to set up?

Finally, does anyone have any recommendations as to the best wireless
network cameras? It will talk to a Netgear DG834G

Ta

K.

The ones I have used are the Axis ones where you can configure the camera
with the ftp address, ftp username/password as well as email smtp server,
username/password and email address. It has its own mini webserver built
into the unit, but the axis cams tend to be expensive. D-Link do wireless
webcams. Try the DCS-1000 and DCS-2100+ from www.dlink.co.uk

Old February 29th 04, 08:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kathy Burke

Thanks Simon, appreciate your help.

another question ......

They're left unattended - so if the power goes off - and then on - do the
restart in the same mode with all the stings and instructions as before they
went off. So if it was streaming before, or if it was set to ftp before
will they start as though uninterrupted when power resumes?

Also - what size images generally uploaded in terms of file size?

Ta.

news