Have a Origo router?

Old February 29th 04, 04:40 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default Have a Origo router?

If you do, you may be interested in the fact that they have released a new
firmware version which includes a SPI firewall

See http://adsltech.com/adsl/fml.htm for details

Regards
Sunil

Old February 29th 04, 06:14 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Gus" wrote in message
Its a beta firmware, as the SPI has issues with dropping packets for

TELNET
VNC P2P causing stale or lost connections

This now seems to be an "official" version, as I got an email from
Origo/Adsltech informing me of its release.

If there are still any unresolved bugs, I guess they will now become "known
issues" to be fixed in the official release

Regards
Sunil

Old February 29th 04, 08:50 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Gus

yeah same here but I've already tested it when it came out nearly a week ago
just sajjad didn't get around to the mail drop and found that the SPI gives
those faults in my first reply. Plus looking at the replies of the beta UPNP
SPI that version its no better.

So if your Origo router is working and you dont want to invalidate your
warrnty if it goes wrong and have to do a USB Fix Flash that requires
opening the router, then don't try it.

But if willing and or need the SPI even as buggy as it is, then try it. But
be sure you know _How_ to do the fix and if your PC _Can_ do it as it
requires booting in Dos and not all motherboards support USB in Dos.

Old February 29th 04, 11:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
ed

Sunil Sood wrote:
If you do, you may be interested in the fact that they have released
a new firmware version which includes a SPI firewall

See http://adsltech.com/adsl/fml.htm for details

Regards
Sunil

Thanks Sunil. It downloaded and installed on my asr8100 easily enough. There
is now a new section in http://10.0.0.2/doc/advance.htm titled "firewall".
Can someone say how to use the "service filtering" section? Does a tick in
the box mean the service will be allowed? Otherwise it is fine.

ed

--
"Everyone looks like Ernest Borgnine."

Old February 29th 04, 11:07 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"ed" wrote in message
Thanks Sunil. It downloaded and installed on my asr8100 easily enough.

There
is now a new section in http://10.0.0.2/doc/advance.htm titled

"firewall".
Can someone say how to use the "service filtering" section? Does a tick

in
the box mean the service will be allowed? Otherwise it is fine.

http://adsltech.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1819&PN=1 has some details on
the new features available.

If you don't find something that exactly answers your specific question, ask
on the relevant forum for your model at http://adsltech.com/forum/

Regards
Sunil

Old February 29th 04, 11:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
ed

Sunil Sood wrote:

http://adsltech.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1819&PN=1 has some
details on the new features available.

If you don't find something that exactly answers your specific
question, ask on the relevant forum for your model at
http://adsltech.com/forum/

Regards
Sunil

Thanks again. :-) Very useful.

ed

--
"Everyone looks like Ernest Borgnine."

Old March 1st 04, 05:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
If you do, you may be interested in the fact that they have released a new
firmware version which includes a SPI firewall

See http://adsltech.com/adsl/fml.htm for details

They're currently on special offer at Ebuyer and I have ordered myself one.
The only thing holding me back froim buying one was no firewall. Now it has
that and it's on special offer I'll gladly give it a try :-)

Old March 1st 04, 06:07 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

"Gus" wrote in message
Its a beta firmware, as the SPI has issues with dropping packets for

TELNET
VNC P2P causing stale or lost connections

At least if the issues are known they can be sorted.