Broadband wireless

Old February 29th 04, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Liam

Default Broadband wireless

Hi,
Im eventually on the verge of getting broadband
(Telewest/blueyonder)... still using 56K. My problem is that 2/1
computer(s) need to be connected wirelessly. The broadband connection
will come into the back corner of the house where the PC sits (oldish
Dell Dimension 500mhz, windows 98se, no network card). I presume
Telewest will set this one up for me. I have a laptop that is used in
the opposite corner of the house- prob about 15metres away and through 4
walls or so (including one external wall). Laptop is fairly new,
running XP home and network card, BUT NOT a wireless card (Fujitsu
Siemens Amilo A). What is the best way of connecting this (wirelessly)
to the other computer? What exactly do I need to buy a) to send out the
signal from the orignal computer and b) for the laptop to pick it up. I
dont want to have the main computer on all the time for the laptop to
get a connection. Is this possible. Any help much appreciated (Im a
novice) Thanks a lot!!!! Liam