Migration

Old February 29th 04, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
|MorpheousUk|

Default Migration

Hi

Just wondering if anyone on here as recently been through the migration
process.

If you have I have a few questions

1) How long did it take from start to finish

2) Did it all go smoothly

3) Are you glad you migrated

Cheers

|MorpheousUk|

Old February 29th 04, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart Gibson

I am in the process of migrating from BT(Openworld/Yahoo??) 512k Broadband
@29.99/month to Central Point 2048k @ 35.49/month.

I applied on 5 Feb and the whole process is supposed to take 20 working
days, so I **should** be hooked up by 4 March.

BT disconnect is on 2 March, so I'll have to wait a couple of days to see if
the migration has worked.

If all goes well, I'll let you know.

Stu.

. ..

Old February 29th 04, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alexander Mann

|MorpheousUk| wrote:

Hi

Just wondering if anyone on here as recently been through the migration
process.

About 8 months ago, from PIPEX to AAISP. I think things have speeded up
since then.

If you have I have a few questions

1) How long did it take from start to finish

40 days :-/

2) Did it all go smoothly

Down time was about 2 hours because PIPEX killed my account before the
migration actually happened.

3) Are you glad you migrated

Yes. Who are you leaving/joining?

Alex
--
Alexander Mann
Old February 29th 04, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adam Davies

In article , "Stuart
Gibson" no e-mail address says...
I am in the process of migrating from BT(Openworld/Yahoo??) 512k Broadband
@29.99/month to Central Point 2048k @ 35.49/month.

I applied on 5 Feb and the whole process is supposed to take 20 working
days, so I **should** be hooked up by 4 March.

BT disconnect is on 2 March, so I'll have to wait a couple of days to see if
the migration has worked.

If all goes well, I'll let you know.

Stu.

That wouldn't be a migration, that would be a cease and reprovide, you
cant migrate to a different package (i.e 512k to a 2mb line) as they
need to send someone into the exchange to change the card AFIK.