54g Wireless modem/router recommendation/advice wanted

Old February 29th 04, 10:47 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default 54g Wireless modem/router recommendation/advice wanted

I am in the market for a wireless 54G adsl modem/router and am looking at
the

Netgear DG834G (115)
Belkin 7630 (107)
Linksys WAG54G (87)

If anyone has any idea's/recommendations on which to choose and why I'd be
grateful.

The modem/router will be connected to 2 Belkin 54G PCI cards - is there any
advantage of choosing a Belkin modem/router as well? (i.e. anything I can do
with that combination that I can't do if I use a different make?)

Also, I believe the Netgear DG834G says that it will support ADSL 2 after a
firmware upgrade is released - does anyone know if the other makes will also
support that?

And of course, if there are any other makes I should consider... (yes, I
know the Vigor 2600G looks very nice but its also a lot more expensive!)

Regards
Sunil