unexpexted bt development on fibre optic lines

Old February 29th 04, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
rodgerdodger

Default unexpexted bt development on fibre optic lines

i recently placed an order with bt adsl broadband (i do this every so
often as i seem to get differing reasons why i cant have it) - over
the last three years, the reasons have been quoted as:

1 exchange not enabled, then
2 too far from exchange, then
3 fibre optic line to house (new house when i moved in three
years ago).

i decided to battle bt and get the fibre optic changed, so placed the
order again two weeks ago.

AMAZINGLY, on thursday, i got a phone call (after not receiving any
contact from when i placed the order) saying that the engineer was
working to change my line over to copper, and that they would contact
me once this was completed. on friday, i received my adsl modem pack.

i had prepared myself for a big battle with them to get my line
changed over - but they must have seen the light in that for nearly 30
quid a month, they might as well change the line over anyway.

so, anyone else who has been given this reason (excuse) in the past -
it might be worth your while trying again - at least going direct to
BT for the ISP means they cant blame anyone else for the line not
working.