BT pulls another scam trick try to hoodwink customers

Old April 1st 04, 01:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

Default BT pulls another scam trick try to hoodwink customers

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 01:12:48 GMT, Grant Crozier
wrote:

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 00:26:26 +0000 (UTC), Alex Heney
wrote:
ALL of those who are currently already on one of the together options
will be better off. That is simple, unarguable, FACT.

What is arguable Alex is that from what I have read here in recent
weeks not many people are on an option package when you think of all
the people saying how good 11886 or what ever is called and also
telestunt and all the other indirect providers plus of course CPS . I
bet not many people are on any of the option packages now anyway
but will soon be forced to go on one though if BT gets its way OFFCOM
are supposed to be letting BT know if they approve or not later today
so I believe .
Hell I must get that cheque off to the Chairman of OFFCOM later to day
sharpish ))) .
For those on Together plans, the base charge is reducing by 1, AND
call charges are reducing. No charges are going up for those people,
so they MUST be better off. And that accounts for at least 70% of BT
customers.

You certain about the figure of 70% Alex ?all the people I know are on
standard and use the likes of OneTel etc for calls .

That was the proportion according to the official figures in their
last annual report.

And that was from before the fixed fee calls at 6p for up to an hour
was introduced, which can only have increased the numbers.

The reason, as far as I can tell, that they are doing away with the
"standard" line rental, is that it reduces overhead of administering
different plans for them, when that one is not much used.

Plus the fact that the people who *were* still using standard rate
tend to be the customers BT don't really want. The ones who are only
renting the line from BT, while paying somebody else all the call
revenues. I doubt BT will be at all sorry if they lose a lot of those
customers.