Anyone here rate NDO?

Old April 1st 04, 10:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
XpUser

Default Anyone here rate NDO?

After careful thought and consideration Simon Ough typed:
512k
Free .co.uk domain with web hosting
Free websapce (50MB I think) - enough for me
no capping
£24.99/month
No connection fee
12 month contract

24/7 help via 0870 (not bothered about cost as my mobile includes
0870 in free minutes)

Been with Pipex ADSL since Nov 2001. I applied for a migration after
their total incompetence at answering support emails (7-14 days),
however - they apply to BT for a total cease instead, and not even
bother to tell me!!!!! I find out I am being terminated by NDO who
email me updates!

Anyone who thinks of signing up to Pipex - AVOID!!!!!!!!!!

Phone support no good either. So recommendations to Pipex need not
apply!

Either that or AOL broadband. I am using their 56k 2 month free trial
at the moment as I thought "Why not - I am without ADSL for 10 days
so make use of a free trial!" But I have to admit I like their
content. OK - no Newsgroups or POP email, but I use another server
for that anyway.....

So, what would you do?

I have until 8am to make my mind up, as that's when they are placing
the ADSL order with BT.

Simon

For an additional £2.51 a month you can get 1MB BB access from fast24
(www2.fast24.net). They only have a minimum contract of 3 months.

Old April 1st 04, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry

"XpUser" wrote in message
[...]

Fast24 are a terrible isp.

Old April 1st 04, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 1 Apr 2004 09:58, "Harry" wrote:

"XpUser" wrote in message

For an additional £2.51 a month you can get 1MB BB access from fast24
(www2.fast24.net). They only have a minimum contract of 3 months.

Fast24 are a terrible isp.

and quoting whole posts to add a line or two afterwards is plain lazy.
Old April 1st 04, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

"XpUser" wrote in message

For an additional £2.51 a month you can get 1MB BB access from fast24
(www2.fast24.net). They only have a minimum contract of 3 months.

Can't get 1MB - too far away

Simon

Old April 2nd 04, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rufus Stone

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:48:46 +0100, "XpUser" wrote:

For an additional £2.51 a month you can get 1MB BB access from fast24
(www2.fast24.net). They only have a minimum contract of 3 months.

I thought that the subject of this thread was if anyone 'rates' NDO,
not who else does a cheaper package.

I too would be very interested in peoples opinions of NDO. I will be
getting ADSL at the beginning of June. I presently have Home Highway
ISDN.

NDO were particularly helpful and offer a service whereby the Home
Highway can be removed and ADSL switched on (subject to line test)
during the same BT visit. Thus there is very little down time or time
spend on dial up. F2S also offer this service and were also helpful.
If the line isn't up to it, Home Highway will be switched back on at
no charge.

Pipex really weren't interested and would only accept an order if I
cancelled my Home Highway and applied after I had reverted to
analogue. Thus there is no way back other than a reinstall fee for
Home Highway. Plusnet were similar and somewhat disappointing as I am
using them at present for my ISDN access. Neither of these two came
across on the phone as being very 'caring'.

First opinions count and I have to say I was impressed with the guy at
NDO and the lady at F2S. The guy at Pipex was unhelpful and the chap
at Plusnet didn't seem concerned that I was an existing customer of
over 2 years that they may loose shortly.

So, back on topic, are NDO really as good as many people say?

Rufus
--
The Reply-To: address is valid.
Old April 2nd 04, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton Gysen

Rufus Stone wrote:

I too would be very interested in peoples opinions of NDO.

snip

So, back on topic, are NDO really as good as many people say?

In my experience, yes. They are very hard to fault. SMTP server always
seems to deliver messages fast, and the news server never has any problems.
Old April 2nd 04, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

"Anton Gysen" wrote in
message ...

In my experience, yes. They are very hard to fault. SMTP server always
seems to deliver messages fast, and the news server never has any

problems.

Brill! Thanks for that.

NDO placed my order today, and I will ADSL again from 13th April (longer
than normal due to the Easter Weekend coming up!)

Simon

Old April 2nd 04, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton Gysen

Simon Ough wrote:
"Anton Gysen" wrote in
message ...

In my experience, yes. They are very hard to fault. SMTP server always
seems to deliver messages fast, and the news server never has any

problems.

Brill! Thanks for that.

You're more than welcome!

NDO placed my order today, and I will ADSL again from 13th April (longer
than normal due to the Easter Weekend coming up!)

I found that if you phone them, they will give you a pretty much exact
date as to when your line will be activated (the date they told me on
the phone turned out to be the day mine was activated). The date they
give you in the .pdf they attatch to their e-mails is just a rough date.

HTH,

Anton
Old April 3rd 04, 12:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

"Anton Gysen" wrote in
message ...

I found that if you phone them, they will give you a pretty much exact
date as to when your line will be activated (the date they told me on
the phone turned out to be the day mine was activated). The date they
give you in the .pdf they attatch to their e-mails is just a rough date.

I've been getting emails from a lady called Judith (Director's P.A./Customer
Services Manager) at NDO. She's been a star, keeping me updated all the way.
She confirmed my connection date of the 13th.

I'm impressed already, and I'm not even connected yet!

Simon