UK Prisoners to get Wi-Fi and Laptops ?

Old April 1st 04, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Pick

Default UK Prisoners to get Wi-Fi and Laptops ?

http://www.silicon.com/networks/wifi...m?nl=d20040401

Old April 1st 04, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jones

"Andrew Pick" wrote in message

http://www.silicon.com/networks/wifi...m?nl=d20040401

Is this TRUE? (cough) I'm writing an email to my local MP right now
expressing my delight at such a scheme (cough)

Old April 1st 04, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NewsGroups

"jones" wrote in message

"Andrew Pick" wrote in

message

http://www.silicon.com/networks/wifi...m?nl=d20040401

Is this TRUE? (cough) I'm writing an email to my local MP right now
expressing my delight at such a scheme (cough)

No. Look at the date, 1st April

Old April 1st 04, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jsp21c

It sounds on par for UK 'justice'. Only a politician would think that
providing a nice warm cell with internet access & laptop is going to be a
deterrent for criminals.
Near to my old school in Staffordshire is a 'young offenders centre' which
cost 12 million pounds to build. It houses 10 young offenders. --- Value
for taxpayer's money ? --- I don't think so !
Old April 1st 04, 11:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alec McKenzie

"jsp21c" wrote:

It sounds on par for UK 'justice'. Only a politician would think that
providing a nice warm cell with internet access & laptop is going to be a
deterrent for criminals.

You wouldn't deny it them for just one day a year, would you?

After all, it only happens on the 1st of April!

--
Alec McKenzie

Old April 1st 04, 12:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
King Queen

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:08:27 +0100, "jones"
wrote:

"Andrew Pick" wrote in message

http://www.silicon.com/networks/wifi...m?nl=d20040401

Is this TRUE? (cough) I'm writing an email to my local MP right now
expressing my delight at such a scheme (cough)

LOL I like the name - " 'Con-Nections' "

--
To email me remove ".lartsspammers"
http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
Old April 1st 04, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Andrew Pick wrote:
http://www.silicon.com/networks/wifi...m?nl=d20040401

With wi-fi devices getting smaller and smaller, I'm sure they are going to
start showing up as contraband sometime soon.
After all, all you need is somewhere outside with a dish pointed at your
accomodations.
(posting from outside the bars)
Old April 1st 04, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Peter wrote:

Ian Stirling wrote

Andrew Pick wrote:
http://www.silicon.com/networks/wifi...m?nl=d20040401

With wi-fi devices getting smaller and smaller, I'm sure they are going to
start showing up as contraband sometime soon.
After all, all you need is somewhere outside with a dish pointed at your
accomodations.
(posting from outside the bars)

True, with a wifi PDA a prisoner could get all the comms he needs, and
with ipsec as secure as he wants them.

And some devices are already of the size that could be internally
concealed.
The battery charger's 13A plug is going to smart though.