No broadband 4 me,

Old April 1st 04, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ddwyer

Default No broadband 4 me,

I am deluged with ads for BT broadband and was assured that when my
exchange reached critical mass it would be available; now I find that
there will never be broadband at this address as it would cost BT too
much to achieve bandwidth 8 miles from the exchange.
Our internet dialup connection duration mean that no-one can get through
to us and so a second line was ordered.
Again no can do says BT ... too expensive to lay more copper.

--
ddwyer
Old April 1st 04, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

ddwyer wrote:
I am deluged with ads for BT broadband and was assured that when my
exchange reached critical mass it would be available; now I find that
there will never be broadband at this address as it would cost BT too
much to achieve bandwidth 8 miles from the exchange.
Our internet dialup connection duration mean that no-one can get through
to us and so a second line was ordered.
Again no can do says BT ... too expensive to lay more copper.

Ask about homehighway.
Get someone else at the same address to order a new line, I think
BT are required to in this case.
Old April 1st 04, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

there will never be broadband at this address as it would cost BT too
much to achieve bandwidth 8 miles from the exchange.

BT have never stated that ADSL would be available at anything like that
distance.

Our internet dialup connection duration mean that no-one can get through
to us and so a second line was ordered.
Again no can do says BT ... too expensive to lay more copper.

Ask about homehighway.
Get someone else at the same address to order a new line, I think
BT are required to in this case.

There is an upper limit of around £1,000 that BT are obliged to spend on a
new line. Of course you can pay the extra if you wish!

Old April 1st 04, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Ian Stirling wrote:
ddwyer wrote:
I am deluged with ads for BT broadband and was assured that when my
exchange reached critical mass it would be available; now I find that
there will never be broadband at this address as it would cost BT too
much to achieve bandwidth 8 miles from the exchange.
Our internet dialup connection duration mean that no-one can get through
to us and so a second line was ordered.
Again no can do says BT ... too expensive to lay more copper.

Ask about homehighway.
Get someone else at the same address to order a new line, I think
BT are required to in this case.

To add to this.
Any neighbours that may be close with broadband (wireless connection
to them).
Alternatively, bidirectional satellite is available, though a bit
more expensive.
Old April 1st 04, 06:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Ian Stirling wrote:
ddwyer wrote:
I am deluged with ads for BT broadband and was assured that when my
exchange reached critical mass it would be available; now I find
that there will never be broadband at this address as it would
cost BT too much to achieve bandwidth 8 miles from the exchange.
Our internet dialup connection duration mean that no-one can get
through to us and so a second line was ordered.
Again no can do says BT ... too expensive to lay more copper.

Ask about homehighway.

At that distance they could be out of limits for that as well...