Problem with Vigor 2600G & Vigor 540 card

Old April 1st 04, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Lepak

Default Problem with Vigor 2600G & Vigor 540 card

Good evening,

I have just bought a Vigor 2600G & Vigor 540 card. The Router works
fine on my PC but I cannot get my Laptop to see the PC or Internet
with the 540 card.

The Wireless connection will not pick up the correct IP address,
192.xxx. on auto, it goes to 169.xxx.xxx. (previous ICS setting.)
Even when I manually correct this I can't connect.

Also the systray icon is crossed, 'Data Frame errors - check WEP
settings. I have done this and cannot find any problems.

Thanks

--
Mark

"The arrow on a moving target,
the archer must be sure of his aim........"
N. Peart
Old April 1st 04, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

Mark Lepak wrote:
Good evening,

I have just bought a Vigor 2600G & Vigor 540 card. The Router works
fine on my PC but I cannot get my Laptop to see the PC or Internet
with the 540 card.

The Wireless connection will not pick up the correct IP address,
192.xxx. on auto, it goes to 169.xxx.xxx. (previous ICS setting.)
Even when I manually correct this I can't connect.

Also the systray icon is crossed, 'Data Frame errors - check WEP
settings. I have done this and cannot find any problems.

Thanks

Hi Mark,

Both myself and Eusty (of 5861 fame) have recently recieved 2600G's
each. Whilst I have had no problems on the wireless front (also using
the 540 PCMCIA card) Steve (Eusty) has had problems with the connection
dropping and simply not able to re-establish the connection.

A suggestion came back from Draytek support to reflash the router with
the _same_ firmware version. Maybe it's worth a shot for you ?

This however, did not resolve Steve's problem. I can't recall what he's
done to fix his - but its kinda irrelevant anyway (different problem n all).

Try the following .. set the router to accept G only. I've heard of a
few problems where the router is in compatability mode.

Disable WEP. I know its not ideal, but this will help isolate the
cause. I've seen too many problems with WEP to exclude it as a
possibility. Have your wWLAN totally UNsecure .. do you still have issues ?

Does the 11g wLAN Manager see your AP OK ? What happens if you choose
to "connect" to the AP via the 'Survey' tab ?

Try disabling the Windows Zero config option. Again - problems have
been seen with this. Oh - presuming here the lappy is XP of course.

Do you have any software firewall running on the laptop ? If so - try
to disable it. I have a corporate version of Integrety Desktop - which
is causing connectivity problems over my wireless. So I just dont run
it (just dont tell my employeer )

Make sure your running the latest PCMCIA driver version too - download
it from http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/index.html

--
Regards
Andy M Jenkins
Old April 2nd 04, 09:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Lepak

Andy M Jenkins wrote:

Mark Lepak wrote:
[...]

Andy,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately no joy.

One main thing is that even though I have XP on the laptop I don't get
the Windows Zero Config tool. When I ran the Draytek disc it loaded
the 11g WLAN Manager.

The Card sees the Router OK and I can connect through the Survey tab.

Also does a bridged connection make any difference?

Thanks

Old April 2nd 04, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Lepak

Andy M Jenkins wrote:

Mark Lepak wrote:
[...]

Further to last I had a play around and I got the system sort of
working.

I had disable the Network bridge and run it without WEP. I can access
the Internet OK but still cannot see my main PC.

Not sure where to go from here.

Brgds

Old April 2nd 04, 11:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Lepak

"eusty" wrote:

It seemed to be a driver issue with my PCI card, rather than the 540 or the
router.

Steve

Steve,

With a bit of tinkering I've managed to progress things further. I now
have access to the Internet with WPA encryption running. But I still
can't see the main PC.

Brgds

Old April 2nd 04, 11:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

Mark Lepak wrote:
"eusty" wrote:

It seemed to be a driver issue with my PCI card, rather than the 540 or the
router.

Steve

Steve,

With a bit of tinkering I've managed to progress things further. I now
have access to the Internet with WPA encryption running. But I still
can't see the main PC.

Brgds

Can you ping your desktop ?

Old April 3rd 04, 08:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Lepak

Andy M Jenkins wrote:

Mark Lepak wrote:
"eusty" wrote:

It seemed to be a driver issue with my PCI card, rather than the 540 or the
router.

Steve

Steve,

With a bit of tinkering I've managed to progress things further. I now
have access to the Internet with WPA encryption running. But I still
can't see the main PC.

Brgds

Can you ping your desktop ?

Yes and the router.