Do You Have To Pay for a Phone Line?

Old April 1st 04, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wira One

Default Do You Have To Pay for a Phone Line?

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:56:09 +0000, Chris wrote:

With BT increasing phone line rental, if you have broadband using a BT Line
do you have to pay phone line rental as well?

Could I just pay for broadband and then use VoIP or a mobile for phone calls
and stop paying the phone line rental?

I'm moving house within this week. I've asked BT to transfer my phone to
the new house .. the line is dead now, but the ADSL is still operational,
no dial tone from my phone whatsoever. But I have no idea how long it will
take BT to actually physically disconnect the line.
Old April 1st 04, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 22:13:06 +0100, in uk.telecom.broadband Wira One
strung together this:

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:56:09 +0000, Chris wrote:

With BT increasing phone line rental, if you have broadband using a BT Line
do you have to pay phone line rental as well?

Could I just pay for broadband and then use VoIP or a mobile for phone calls
and stop paying the phone line rental?

I'm moving house within this week. I've asked BT to transfer my phone to
the new house .. the line is dead now, but the ADSL is still operational,
no dial tone from my phone whatsoever. But I have no idea how long it will
take BT to actually physically disconnect the line.

More than likely until they need the pair for something else. It's
quite a common occurence, leaving ADSL on the line and disconnecting
the phone service.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.