BT pulls another scam trick try to hoodwink customers

Old April 2nd 04, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Default BT pulls another scam trick try to hoodwink customers

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 06:46:04 +0100, "K-Tel Ronco"
wrote:

"grant Crozier" wrote in message
.. .
"The day BT makes any moves that will favor their customers instead of
themselves I will throw myself of the top of BT Tower ."

Then you must already be a dead man.
'The cost of calling keeps on falling'

Upgrade of mechanical Exchanges to digital to allow better call clarity &
features

I suggest that the digital upgrade was so long ago that it has by now
dropped out of the cost equation

Upgrade of hundreds of exchanges to supply ADSL to most of the country
(remember for every 14 in wholesale they make from an ADSL line, they have
probably lost at least that in dial up charges or lost/ceased second lines.

They say they will only upgrade an exchange when there is economic
justification so to do - i.e. if they think it will loose BT money
they will not upgrade

BT is a VERY customer focused company with it's hands tightly cuffed behind
it's back by OFTEL, so ultimately a price war is never going to happen. Rest
assured BT would like one. BT would like to drop call charges and kick the
competition into touch - and where they allowed to, they would/ SO please
blame the right people :-)

So what they do is drop the call charges but increase the line rental
- to hopefully end up with the same result - but they've been rumbled

--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Old April 3rd 04, 01:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

wrote:

"grant Crozier" wrote in message
. ..
"The day BT makes any moves that will favor their customers instead of
themselves I will throw myself of the top of BT Tower ."

Then you must already be a dead man.
'The cost of calling keeps on falling'

Upgrade of mechanical Exchanges to digital to allow better call clarity &
features

I suggest that the digital upgrade was so long ago that it has by now
dropped out of the cost equation

You're wrong. Firstly, it was not completed all that long ago, and
secondly (more importantly), many of the exchanges upgraded have since
been upgraded again as even better technology comes along.

snip

BT is a VERY customer focused company with it's hands tightly cuffed behind
it's back by OFTEL, so ultimately a price war is never going to happen. Rest
assured BT would like one. BT would like to drop call charges and kick the
competition into touch - and where they allowed to, they would/ SO please
blame the right people :-)

So what they do is drop the call charges but increase the line rental
- to hopefully end up with the same result - but they've been rumbled

No.

For most of their residential customers (over 70% at the last count),
they reduce *both* the line rental *and* the call charges.

For the remaining 30%, they do indeed increase the line rental, but
also reduce the call charges by an amount which would more than offset
that for an average user (although admittedly, most of those affected
by this are not "average" users - that is why they were still paying
the standard line rental).

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
All programers are optimists.

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom